Alltek Services Updates This Plant City Construction Firm’s Infrastructure To Support Their Software And Protect Their Data
This construction firm needed to update their IT environment, or else their software would stop working, and they’d be more and more vulnerable to cybercrime attacks. That’s why they came to Alltek Services.
Is your IT infrastructure getting old?
If you’re not sure, there are a few obvious signs that you’re in need of an update:
It’s Costing You Time
If your old tech is working so poorly that it stops you and your staff from working, then it’s time to replace it. The downtime caused by old hardware isn’t worth the money you’re saving by hanging on to it. Whether you agree or not, it’s a fact – Ponemon Institute estimates that every minute of even partial downtime can cost as much as $5,600.
The main cost of downtime is not the fix itself, it’s the halt in your business’ productivity. If an IT-related or natural disaster occurs and takes critical systems offline, employees will be unable to complete their tasks, yet your normal business expenses will carry on.
It’s Costing You Money
Anyone can understand this math – the older technology gets the more time you’ll spend getting it fixed, and the more money you’ll spend on those fixes. After whatever amount of time, you’ll reach a tipping point where the sum of the repair costs will exceed the cost of replacing the hardware altogether.
It Doesn’t Support Your Software
The older your hardware is, the less likely it will be capable of running modern versions of your software. This becomes a big problem when you consider your line of business software that you rely on as a core part of your work. What happens when your hardware can no longer support it?
It’s Not Secure
A Ponemon study found that nearly 70 percent of workers believe some of their organization’s existing security solutions are outdated and inadequate. Cybercriminals are constantly updating and evolving their methods of attack. The more out of date your infrastructure is, the less prepared it will be to defend against cutting edge cybercrime tactics.
Now, if you do recognize some of these issues, then your hardware could likely do with a refresh — what’s the best way to manage the process?
Do what this construction firm did, and have Alltek Services take care of it for you.
Alltek Managed This Plant City Construction Firm’s Infrastructure Update
In partnering with Alltek Services, this construction firm knew they had a prime opportunity to refresh and upgrade their IT. As a growing institution that relied heavily on their IT for their core processes, they knew they needed to scale up their IT resources and develop a technical foundation that they and their operations could rely on.
Alltek Services evaluated this construction firm’s IT environment and determined how and where it could be improved. Once we had a plan, we brought it to this construction firm’s leadership:
- Server Migration: We moved their apps and data to a brand new server, which would more effectively and reliably host their IT environment.
- Box Of Best Practices: We implemented our carefully developed “box of best practices” for this firm’s infrastructure, ensuring it would be reliable, responsive and well-supported.
- Microsoft 365: We moved their operations to the robust Microsoft 365 ecosystem, giving them access to the full suite of Microsoft apps for improved productivity and collaboration.
- Enhanced Cybersecurity: We implemented a range of cybersecurity solutions and best practices to keep them protected against modern cybercrime attack vectors, including remote monitoring, firewall, antivirus, backup, spam and content filtering, MFA, and more.
What Did This Infrastructure Refresh Achieve For This Plant City Construction Firm?
- Better Support For Their Applications: This Plant City construction firm used line of business applications like Quickbooks and Sage Accounting every single day to manage their operations and finances. On their old infrastructure, they regularly encountered performance issues, and had concerns about their data backup. With their new infrastructure, matching our box of best practices, their software all runs as expected, and is reliably backed up.
- Cybersecurity They Can Rely On: Prior to their hardware refresh, this construction firm was hit by ransomware. In the course of this project, we made sure they would be better prepared for the next attack, thanks to a multi-faceted layer of defensive solutions and best practices.
Alltek Services Will Update Your IT
Are you still putting up with old technology? You may think it’s cost-effective, but the truth is that it really isn’t.
If your old tech is working so poorly that it stops you and your staff from working, then it’s time to replace it. The downtime caused by old hardware isn’t worth the money you’re saving by hanging on to it.
Start the process of updating your IT:
- Contact our team and arrange a consultation at a time that works for you.
- Let us evaluate the state of your IT and explain how it should be updated.
- Have us manage the project from end to end, so you can get back to focusing on your work.