George Nunez, III
George is an experienced and knowledgeable Help Desk Technician. Before coming onboard at Alltek, George provided IT support over the phone for Summit Holdings in Lakeland, Florida. He helped employees and vendors use their systems, hardware, and outside software/services.
George was the Project Leader on their IT Helpdesk Knowledge System. He designed and organized an efficient and accessible system that allowed help desk employees to easily find solutions to common and unique IT problems. He created manuals and held workshops for their help desk staff to help them learn the system and how to use it for their job roles.
As you can see, George goes above and beyond standard help desk duties. We’re delighted to have him on our team.
Want To Get To Know George Better?
Here are some fun facts that he shared with us:
- Do you have any hobbies? “Hobbies? Oh boy, where do I start? Well, I do watch a lot of cartoons (anime included) and web series (Rooster Teeth’s content are my jam). I TRY to exercise regularly. Oh! I also like to read (a mix of science fiction, autobiographies, and whatever I find amusing) so I don’t lose my reading skills.”
- Why did you decide to start a career in IT? “I accidentally fell into it. Before, I tried my hand in firefighting and journalism but ended up falling short. I wanted to start over in something new and ultimately chose to take classes at Erwin Technical College in Tampa under the “Computer Repair and Networking” program. I quickly picked up the material and kept learning through experiences. I then went to Florida Polytechnic University where I graduated from with a B.S. in Computer Science and Information Technology this past May.”
- Why did you decide on Alltek? “It’s a great and unique opportunity to work for a small company that is clearly growing. I hope to make a positive impact on Alltek’s continuing growth.”
- Is there anything interesting about yourself that you would like to share? “I’m sure there is, but I’m drawing a blank. However, I’ll give it the old college try… I used to work at Disney World years ago as a lifeguard. I don’t really play too many video games, but I strangely like to follow the news about them and watch people play. I once went out of my way to travel to Miami just to meet Bruce Boxleitner (Alan Bradley, a.k.a. Tron) at Florida Supercon; I’m a HUGE fan of Tron. We took a picture together, I got his autograph, and he recorded a custom voicemail greeting for my cellphone that I still use.”
- What is your 5-year plan? “To obtain a master’s degree and multiple industry certifications to further improve my knowledge and skills.”
When you need IT Service & Support, George and our Help Desk team will be here to answer your call.