Microsoft 365 Backup
Believe it or not, office 365 needs to be backed up. And that’s according to Microsoft too!
Likely the first question that springs to your mind is: Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based platform, so why does it need a backup? If that’s the case, then you aren’t alone.
As Central Florida’s top IT services company for the past 15 years, you won’t believe how often we get asked this question. Unfortunately, many business IT decision-makers are under the false impression that data created and stored in cloud environments like Office 365 doesn’t need to be backed up. But that’s just not the case. Yes, even Microsoft agrees.
This is one of those cases whereby your perception and the actual realities don’t quite match up. The thing is, Microsoft is not in the backup-as-a services (BaaS) business. They are only in charge of the Office 365 infrastructure and not the data. Sadly, the rapid rise in cloud ecosystems’ popularity has allowed very little time for proper education on the subject. But the bottom line is that with Office 365, you are solely responsible for your data. In a nutshell, you own it; you control it.
As a best practice, you should have a robust data backup plan as a secondary protection layer for your business information. How? By leveraging Dropsuite Business Backup, which offers advanced cloud-based storage to safeguard Office 365 and Gmail data.
Check out our latest video to learn more about backing up your data on Microsoft 365.
- Exchange Online Backup: This can be one of the largest data sources in any 365 environments. Email, attachments, and associated data can have huge file sizes. Dropsuite offers limitless storage and restoration options, meaning you never have to stress about a lack of storage space. Efficiency is optimized by automated backups daily, and only modified files get backed up.
- OneDrive and SharePoint Backup: Backing up SharePoint and OneDrive files ensures your organization’s digital assets are shielded against harm. Having complete copies of crucial business digital assets enables you to safeguard them from risks such as bad actors, accidental deletion, encryption malware, etc.
- Teams Backup: Included in Dropsuite Backup for Office 365 is Microsoft Teams. This is a chat messaging and file-sharing tool that has been quickly gaining popularity with Microsoft 365 users over recent years.
- Groups Backup: This tool is part of Dropsuite Backup for Office 365. It’s a useful way of creating sets of employees and shared resources. This allows for greater collaboration among members working together on a project and may need to share calendars, Outlook inboxes, documents, file libraries, etc. Although each Team has a Group, a Group does not need to have a Team.
- Calendars, Tasks, and Attachment Backups: Despite containing critical business information, these data sets are easily overlooked. Failing to back them up securely can result in prominent gaps in your data security. This is incredibly important, considering you must comply with many regulations involving security and privacy of contact information.
Ready to Partner with Alltek for Reliable IT Support?
When it comes to Office 365, you need to take the initiative. Luckily, you don’t have to do it alone. Our experienced team at Alltek Services is eager to help you protect your Florida organization’s data.