Smarter, More Efficient, and Faster File Auditing on Windows Servers and Cloud Storage.
Do you want to monitor and audit file access and access attempts across your Windows servers or in the Cloud? You are on the right path — this is the most effective way to safeguard your critical information and ensure you comply with your industry’s best practice regulations.
And there isn’t a better tool for this than FileAudit.
Windows and Cloud technologies have positively revolutionized business computing experience. However, adopting them also comes with concerns about the security of your data stored in their servers.
Therefore, there is a need for reliable round-the-clock surveillance of your folders and files in the cloud and on Windows servers.
With an automated interface, FileAudit is the perfect way to track ‘who did what?’ ‘When?’, and ‘from where?’.
What Is FileAudit
It’s a tool for monitoring and auditing all files stored by Cloud service providers and those on your on-premise Windows servers.
The newest version — FileAudit 6.0 — provides a hybrid solution with one consolidated console. With this, you can create reports and alerts for all your sensitive files or folders.
FileAudit is already trusted by hundreds of security-conscious companies globally — like Canon, Total, Honda, Mercedes Benz, and LVMH.
How Will FileAudit Improve Your Monitoring & Auditing Experience?
For starters, it provides comprehensible and instantaneous information about files across your organization.
Here are some of the perks of FileAudit:
- It delivers real-time notifications to predetermined events like denied access and file deletions. The customizable interface allows you to set which actions you should be alerted about.
- It enables you to blacklist monitor suspicious users. Any unauthorized activity automatically triggers an email to selected recipients.
- With the new version of FileAudit 6.0, you can preset automated reactions in case of malicious transactions.
- Employees and departments across your organization can also be emailed customized reports based on their specific criteria.
Perhaps the most significant windfall is the ease of use. It’s so intuitive and straightforward that even non-IT executives and outsourced auditors can easily use it without breaching security protocols. This allows you to delegate monitoring to employees who best understand your auditing system, even if they aren’t IT experts.
How Do You Install And Use FileAudit?
- It can be stored on any Windows machine.
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- A database system (Microsoft Access File, Microsoft SQL Server, or Microsoft SQL Express) to store collected events.
Install FileAudit in less than three minutes:
- Go to the FileAudit page on the IS Decisions website and click on Download. You can start with a Free Trial.
- After downloading the software, choose the machine to host it. You can use a separate machine to host the FileAudit remotely.
- On the FileAudit package — using an admin account — choose your language preference.
- Read and accept the end-user license agreement.
- Enter your customer credentials. (Optional)
- You can then choose to change or retain the Default Installation Folder.
- The next interface selects either of the two Installation Modes — Complete, which installs all FileAudit components, or Customized, which allows you to choose the functions to deploy.
- Click on Finish and close the wizard. Your FileAudit is ready for use.
To use the tool, select the folders and files you intend to audit, and you are good to go. There’s no need to configure each file. As long as you are auditing any platform, you are automatically auditing all the data in it.
Save yourself the hassle. Get in touch with Alltek, and we’ll show you how to effectively use FileAudit to enhance your Windows file servers’ security.