Even If your organization has the in-house expertise to consistently review and implement the necessary cybersecurity layers, having the bandwidth to take action on this every day and stay up to date with the rapidly accelerating changes is extremely challenging.
At Alltek, we provide cybersecurity services for small businesses and follow the NIST framework. This framework consists of best practices to manage cybersecurity risk at each stage:
- Identify –We develop an organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risk to systems, people, assets, data, and capabilities.
- Protect – We develop and implement appropriate safeguards to ensure the successful delivery of critical services.
- Detect – We develop and implement appropriate activities to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event.
- Respond – We develop and implement appropriate activities to take action regarding a detected cybersecurity incident.
- Recover – We develop and implement appropriate activities to maintain plans for resilience and to restore any capabilities or services that were impaired due to a cybersecurity incident.
Each of these stages requires a unique approach with specific tools and action. By rigorously studying and implementing a practical approach for each with the help of our cybersecurity services, an organization can significantly decrease the likelihood of an attack and be prepared to recover fast if an incident occurs.
A Quick Outline of The Layers you Need in Place (Fully Managed by Cybersecurity Services)
- Data Backup –We ensure your data is in 3 separate locations – server, local backup, and offsite backup. You should be able to virtualize to the onsite and offsite backup QUICKLY. How quickly can you virtualize if your server gets encrypted or goes down?
- Security Assessments – Vulnerability Scan Penetration testing
- Advanced spam filtering– Microsoft 365 spam filtering is insufficient to protect your users from falling victim to an attack.
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training – This is an often overlooked but essential layer. Training end-users on what to look out for has a noticeable impact on cybersecurity.
- Multi-Factor Authentication – This should be on all of the Active Directory and Microsoft 365 accounts
- Conditional access – Putting parameters on Microsoft/server access is critical. Force functions like these can prevent access at the times that attacks are most likely (for instance, no access between midnight – 6 am for end-users)
- Computer updates and patching –This should go without saying, but if you’re not receiving reports and managing this, you are leaving a massive hole in your plan. We take care of all of this.
- Dark Web Scanning –We scan and report on company information listed on dark websites.
- Web gateway security –We place this at the firewall level and the endpoint. Endpoint-based gateway security will ensure that your users can not evade these precautions accidentally or intentionally.
- Mobile device security –This is a massive category in itself and is not recommended to be done without professional cybersecurity services.
- Firewall –As mentioned, firewalls are still necessary but insufficient in protecting your organization on their own. We implement them as a small part of a much larger strategy.
- Encryption –This goes for devices and email. While encryption is a compliance requirement for many industries such as government and healthcare, we highly encourage it for all organizations.
- Managed Detection and Response –The bad guys aren’t getting on the network and immediately encrypting servers anymore. The value has lowered as more organizations have an effective backup. They stay on the network longer to gather valuable data. We provide an avenue of detecting a threat on the network and remediating immediately.
Our team of cybersecurity professionals can provide a free high-level cybersecurity review for your organization. You are even free to take it and make the changes yourself.
However, if you want to know you are doing everything in your power to keep your business running and profitable, please reach out. Use our expertise and dedication to secure your business.
Why Alltek over other Cybersecurity Services?
For one, our happy customers. Stop by our testimonial page or our Google reviews to see that we don’t just have clients; we have raving fans.
Secondly, our expertise.
We have a dedicated team of cybersecurity professionals. Don’t work with a provider where cybersecurity is handled by the same technicians installing servers or completing help desk tickets. They are all critical roles, but they are extremely different in expertise.
Cybersecurity Services are an Investment, But Just One Mitigated Incident Has A Significant ROI
Ready to invest in your peace of mind and uptime? Give us a call today at (863) 709-0709 or visit our contact page.