Move Your IT To The Cologix Data Center
Don’t fall for the myth that hosting your IT systems onsite is safer, easier, or cheaper. Alltek Services’ has offices directly in the Cologix data center, allowing us to maintain your IT assets right where they’re stored.
If you’re reading this article, you’re probably looking into hosting your IT systems or servers offsite. Let me be the first to say: good for you! This is a wise move that many in your position are hesitating to make.
Despite the many IT advancements embraced by business owners like yourself today, an extremely outdated way of thinking still plagues the business world: so many people still believe that when it comes to hosting software and hardware, on-site storage is the best option.
The thinking is that if you can see your servers, blinking and humming behind a padlocked fence, they must be safe. This is simply not the case.
When compared with industry-standard data centers (like the Cologix data center that Alltek Services now has an office in) onsite server storage is less secure, less prepared for emergencies, and more likely to lack the support needed to maintain an optimal environment.
This is why we’ve recently set up an office directly in a Cologix data center, where we can keep an eye on our clients’ infrastructure and immediately address any issues as they occur.
Stop Worrying About Your IT! Our Team’s Office Is In The Cologix Data Center
There are a lot of technical features of the Cologix data center that the Alltek Services works out of. It uses four ISPs to provide high availability of data. It’s 20 stories above sea level, located in a seismic zone 0, and outside of a floodplain.
We could talk to you for hours about how secure and sturdy this data center is, but at the end of the day, it just means one thing for you - you don’t have to worry about your IT. Whether a hurricane hits or the power goes out, you’ll have access to your data, as simple as that.
What Does Using The Data Center Mean For You?
- You Don’t Have To Perform Maintenance: Managing your IT infrastructure isn't only expensive, but time-consuming as well. Upgrading and other forms of maintenance are necessary to ensure your servers are in optimal condition, so why not let our team see to it for you? You don’t have to send your team in when something goes wrong, as the Alltek team is already working onsite out of our data center office to fix the issue.
- Iron Clad Security: This Cologix data center will allow you to store your desktops, data and applications with a vast range of digital and physical security measures to ensure they're safe from all threats. Managed firewall, antivirus, antispam measures, multiple layers of access control, onsite security personnel, and more ensure the security of your server information so that you can do your work without having to worry.
- Cost-Effect: The simple fact is that it would cost millions of dollars in capital for you to build, manage and operate a data center of your own, from the hardware to the certifications and training for management staff, and so on. By outsourcing your IT environment to our data centers for a simple monthly rate, you get everything you need at a small fraction of the cost.
3 Simple Ways To Work With Alltek Services In The Cologix Data Center
- No Server Required: You can use Microsoft Office 365 to authenticate and use SharePoint for cloud file sharing. This is a good option for small offices that may not want the extra expense of a cloud server.
- Purchase A Server And Host In Our Cabinet In The Data Center: There are pros and cons to this solution. This is a good option to lower your monthly costs. The size and bandwidth of the server dictate the monthly cost of hosting in the data center. While it does lower your monthly cost, it would be very expensive to purchase the level of sophistication we have in our hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Host Your Entire Business Infrastructure On Our Hyper-converged Cloud Infrastructure: This ensures redundancy and uptime of the server. Paired with the data center benefits, downtime is virtually eliminated. Going with option 3 allows even small businesses to utilize the redundancy and power of our infrastructure without incurring a large cost.
Alltek Services And Cologix Simplify IT
At the end of the day, moving your IT to our data center means you can stop worrying about it, no matter what happens. You can trust that your IT is being taken care of, because we have an office right there on site.
Issues are addressed immediately, and maintenance is performed on a regular basis. There’s no delay or downtime while our team travels to the data center, because they’re already there.
If you’re looking for a way to enhance your business continuity, increase security, and simplify your onsite IT processes, get in touch with our team.